Generally we are never completely satisfied with the weather; the British always talk about the weather, and us Scandinavians have to cope with long gray and dark days. Yet we usually complain that it is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. The weather affects us - but it is not only us who are affected by the seasons and the temperature. Bamboo garden furniture can suffer from the climate, especially humidity and rain can negatively affect the appearance of the beautiful natural material. That is why it is important to take good care of your luxury outdoor furniture.
Bamboo patio furniture must be maintained
Bamboo is one of the strongest materials available on the furniture market. However, bamboo furniture is not indestructible. The weather affects in every way the condition of luxury outdoor bamboo furniture. Both rain and harsh sun can affect the color and finish of natural furniture. Of course, it depends on the amount of rainfall and sunshine you experience where you live, but even in temperate climates, outdoor bamboo furniture can be affected by weather conditions. Even in hot countries like Spain, even without much rain, condensation can still form and will eventually damage the protective coating.
How to protect your bamboo furniture
First of all, it is important to invest in a rain cover for the bamboo furniture to prevent them from getting wet and thereby protect the bamboo furniture from moisture and dew. Even if there is no rain, it is advisable to cover high quality outdoor furniture especially at night during the colder winter months. The cover must be the correct size to allow for ventilation. NorthbyNorth has a range of rain covers in the correct sizes that allow air to circulate. https://www.northbynorth.com/collections/betraek-til-bambus
If you do not have a cover, make sure to store the garden furniture in a dry place, e.g. a shed or a garage. However, it is important to note that placing the furniture in a shed only protects the furniture from rain, not moisture. Make sure the furniture is placed on a dry surface, as the legs can absorb moisture.
Another crucial step before covering your bamboo garden furniture is to make sure it is clean, free of dirt and dust. Therefore, the furniture should be washed at least once a year to ensure that the bamboo is clean. Read more here https://www.northbynorth.com/da/pages/vedligehälände
Here you have some good advice:
- Wipe dirt and spills off surfaces immediately to reduce the risk of dark spots (especially important with the tabletop)
- Wipe the bamboo furniture regularly with a soft dry cloth. For cleaning, add a few drops of organic soap to 3L of water.
- You should wash/clean your furniture at least twice a year. Start by removing all dust either with a dust cloth or a vacuum cleaner. Then wash the furniture with a cloth wrung out in soapy water, rodalon or ProtoxHysan. Wipe afterwards with a dry cloth or let the furniture air dry.
- If you want to wash your bamboo furniture, it must be done very carefully. You can use very fine sandpaper to remove dark spots on the worktops.
- Be aware that the legs can absorb water when placed directly on a wet surface. This must be avoided as far as possible or kept to a minimum
- +Nano (Bamboo Shield) can be applied for extra protection. There is an invisible layer that makes surfaces more water-repellent and thus provides extra protection against water and moisture.
For more information on maintaining bamboo garden furniture visit our website https://www.northbynorth.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a comment