We do everything to produce furniture of the highest quality with a long service life. We process all bamboo used in our production, in pressure chambers with brine. This ensures that the material is 100% pure and that no living organisms can survive in the wood.
Bamboo is a natural material and must therefore be treated regularly to retain its beauty and prolong its life. Here we give you some professional advice on the best way to look after your bamboo furniture so that you can enjoy them for many years to come.
Local weather conditions and external environments can cause dark marks and fungus or mould to appear on your bamboo furniture. Here are our recommended preventative measures and treatments.
- Wipe dirt and any spills off the surfaces immediately to reduce the risk of dark marks (this is especially important on the table tops).
- Wipe the bamboo furniture regularly with a soft dry cloth. For cleaning, add a few drops of organic soap in 3L of water.
- At least twice a year you should clean your furniture, starting with removing all dust using a cloth or vacuum cleaner. Then use damp cloth dipped (and wrung out) in soapy water, Rodalon or ProtoxHysan. Finish by wiping down with a dry cloth or allow to dry in the open air.
- If you want to buff your bamboo furniture, it must be done very carefully. Fine sandpaper can be used to remove dark stains on the table tops.
- Be aware that the legs can absorb water when placed directly on a wet surface. This should be avoided or kept to a minimum as far as possible.
Preventing fungal infections
You can also protect your bamboo furniture against fungal attacks, we recommend the use of ProtoxSkimmel. You can buy the product here or in your local hardware store. It is important that you apply the product to a completely clean surface .
- When you unpack your bamboo furniture, wipe them immediately with a damp cloth (wrung out) and then apply ProtoxSkimmel. You can also use ProtoxSkimmel once you have started using your furniture, but in order to prevent dirt developing into fungus or mould it is important that you clean the furniture thoroughly before applying ProtoSkimmel.
- If fungus has already appeared on your furniture, we recommend that you combat this with the product ProtoxHysan, a cleansing and disinfecting agent that can bought here or in your local DIY store.
- Wash the entire piece of furniture down with ProtoxHysan.
- Feel free to use a sponge so that you can properly scrub the furniture clean.
- Let the furniture dry in the sun.
- It is important that the furniture is washed well before you put them away and / or cover them, otherwise dirt (or dung) can easily develop into mould and fungus in a humid winter climate.
We offer ideally suited polyester covers with an AeroCover membrane for most of our furniture range. These covers are suitable for use all year-round use. In the summer months, they are perfect for covering the furniture and cushions in the event of a little night rain and in the winter, they provide more robust protection if the furniture is stored outside.
During both the winter and summer, we recommend that you should take your cushions indoors.